Effective preparation leads to a higher success rate for all tests, please follow this ten-point Commercial Air Tightness Checklist.
Before we arrive on site please ensure you have sent us the specific design air permeability figure and ensured there is a 240v power supply available. We cannot undertake testing without a power supply and do not transport backup supplies in our vans unless informed well ahead of time.
Testing equipment is usually powered by 240v power supply. We must be informed in advance if this will not be available.
Commercial Air Tightness Checklist
- Internal doors to riser cupboards may be closed but should not be artificially sealed.
- Lift doors should be closed but not artificially sealed. Any external lift shaft vents should remain open.
- All drainage traps should be filled with water.
- All incoming service penetrations (e.g. power, telecoms) should be permanently sealed.
- All external doors and windows should be closed but not artificially sealed. This includes door thresholds. The exception to this will be apertures to which test equipment is connected.
- Smoke vents should be closed but not artificially sealed.
- Background trickle ventilators, passive ventilation systems and permanently open uncontrolled natural ventilation openings should be permanently open. Uncontrolled natural ventilation openings should also be temporarily sealed.
- Mechanical ventilation and air conditioning systems should certainly be turned off. These systems should be temporarily sealed to prevent air leakage through the systems during the test.
- External doors, windows & manual vents need to remain closed for the test. All internal doors need to be propped open.
- We do require a door frame of standard size to fit our square adjustable frame. You may need to modify the opening to suit our template. Minimum size opening: 700mm x 1300mm/ Maximum 1100 x 2400mm.
It’s often easier to tick through a printed checklist, so here’s one we prepared earlier for you:
Commercial Air Tightness Checklist Printout
We consistently provide exceptional service to help clients pass their air test on the first visit, offering our knowledge to help them find leaks in their buildings and rectify any issues. If your property is unlikely to pass, we will advise on how to fix this. Get in touch to book your next test in.